This Amaretto Peach Upside-Down Cake is far from ordinary with added moisture from Greek Yogurt and a flavorful sauce with fresh peaches and alcohol. Serve it warm for an unforgettable, decadent cake experience! This cake barely survived long enough for me to take pictures of it with idle little hands!
Fall is quickly approaching and I am SO ready for all the fresh peach and apple recipes with loads of cinnamon (can’t have too much). This cake has plenty of added flavor with the addition of an Amaretto sauce with brown sugar and cinnamon added to the top of fresh, juicy peaches…yes please! The addition of alcohol to baked goods just really makes me happy! Take note of all that yummy sauce dripping down the cake after a magical flip job situation. A super easy dessert without the headache of a rolling pin is definitely in order here. Just prepare yourself for the loss of all self-control.
It has been a rather rough week, both of my kids got sick after my daughter’s first day of pre-school. Let the germ-sharing party begin, right? I’m going to start bathing her in hand sanitizer before bringing her home everyday. I’m also still trying to recover from the shock of returning to my social services job after having a week off and traveling to Jamaica…reality has officially hit! The only way to get through it is a slice of this cake, which is currently unavailable. Hmmm…I will have to settle for a Georgia Peach Martini (or 2) and call it a day. Please sleep little ones!
If you are in need of a quick sweet tooth fix like me, then be sure to check out my Saturated Saturday Page for some dessert cocktail inspiration. You can’t go wrong with a Salted Caramel Chocolate Martini or my new favorite, Georgia Peach Martini!
- ⅓ C. Butter
- ½ C. Brown Sugar
- ¼ C. Amaretto
- ½ Tsp. Cinnamon
- ¼ Tsp. Nutmeg
- ⅓ C. Pecan Bits
- 1½ Tsp. Flour
- 2 Peaches; peeled and thinly sliced
- 2¼ C. Flour
- 2 Tsp. Baking Powder
- ½ Tsp. Baking Soda
- ¼ Tsp. Salt
- ½ C. Butter; softened
- 1½ Tsp. Vanilla
- 1 C. Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- ⅔ C. Greek Yogurt
- Prepare Sauce:
- Add butter to a small sauce pan on Medium Heat.
- Once melted, add brown sugar, Amaretto, cinnamon and nutmeg; whisk until sugar is melted.
- Add flour; whisk until thickened.
- Add the Amaretto sauce to the bottom of Bundt pan that has been greased and floured.
- Sprinkle with pecan bits and arrange peach slices so they are overlapping over the top of the sauce.
- Prepare Cake Mix:
- In a bowl; combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat together on Medium/High speed; butter, sugar, and vanilla.
- Add eggs 1 at a time, add Greek Yogurt and continue beating.
- Slowly add in flour mixture and beat until smooth.
- Pour cake batter over the top of the peach mixture.
- Bake at 350 Degrees for 35-40 minutes, or until lightly browned on top and toothpick comes out clean without cake batter.
- Allow to cool for around 15 minutes before flipping over.