These Avocado Deviled Eggs are packed with flavor and so much better than the traditional recipes. Sorry regular old deviled eggs, you are no longer needed in my recipe arsenal! No worries…these are super easy to make with the addition of avocado, cilantro, a bit of spicy mustard and fresh lime juice. Top it off with fresh cilantro for a beautiful appetizer or side dish at your next get together. You will probably want to makes extras!
Deviled eggs are so versatile, you can pretty much eat them for any meal. They also make an excellent high protein snack if you are looking to cut back on the carbs. Ha…who am I kidding? I seem to spend most of my time dreaming of ways to increase my carb consumption with my relentless pursuit of pancake and french toast greatness! This has yielded excellent results for my upcoming post…Overnight Blueberry French Toast with a decadent homemade blueberry syrup.
Okay, so I made this deviled egg recipe for Easter brunch this year on a whim and it turned out to be a huge crowd pleaser. I ended up making them again over Mother’s Day weekend along with my other go-to Best Breakfast Egg Casserole recipe. The game plan is always to prepare as much food as possible the night before. This leaves ample time in the morning to dress 2 little princesses and pick up dozens of naked Barbie dolls. Huh…why can’t they just leave their clothes on?
Check out my Recipe Index for these other great brunch ideas!
- 12 Hard Boiled Eggs
- 1 Avocado; peeled, cored and sliced
- 3 Tbsps. Fresh Lime Juice
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon Mustard
- ½ Tsp. Cilantro (dried or fresh)
- ¼ Tsp. Cayenne Pepper
- Salt and Pepper
- Fresh Cilantro
- Cut prepared eggs in half lengthwise.
- Place egg whites on a serving tray.
- Remove yolks and place in a mixing bowl.
- Add avocado slices, Dijon mustard, lime juice, cilantro, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper.
- Beat ingredients together until smooth.
- Place filling in a Ziploc baggie with the corner cut out or a pastry bag.
- Squeeze a generous amount of filling into the egg white holes.
- Garnish with desired amount of freshly chopped cilantro.
- You may serve immediately or refrigerate before serving.