These Baked S’mores Doughnuts just made my dreams come true! Seriously, I LOVE a good cake doughnut and this one is pure bliss in every bite. A chocolate doughnut is halved to stack up the doughnut s’mores style with marshmallows and chocolate in the middle. It gets topped off with a decadent chocolate glaze with bits of graham cracker.
My love affair with cake doughnuts started as a young child. My brother and I used to ride our bikes to this little doughnut shop down the street from our house as kids. I don’t even remember the name of the place. All I remember is I would scrape up enough change (exactly $.41) to purchase the most perfectly dense doughnut with a nice glob of chocolate icing. Oh pure heaven in a bite!
Sorry to reminisce with my dorky doughnut story, but this is major. I have recreated a doughnut that lives up to my high expectations! This S’mores Doughnut has all the best flavors in every single bite. The roasted marshmallows are complete perfection in the center of this sandwich delight. You can torch these babies or broil them for a second in the oven.
If you don’t have a kitchen torch…get one now! LOL…what are you waiting for? All the best things get torched. Okay, I just keep thinking about the Pumpkin Amaretto Creme Brulee I made…total YUM squared situation happening here.
Well, all will-power goes out the door the second the last crumb of graham cracker is sprinkled on one of these. Nothing like painstakingly trying to take pictures while this piece of goodness stares at me, teasing me, beckoning me. There comes a point where you just don’t care anymore and you take that rewarding bite. At that moment, it is all worth it. Sorry family…I couldn’t keep them safe for long.
- 1 1/14 C. Flour
- ⅔ C. Sugar
- ⅓ C. Sweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 Tsp. Baking Powder
- ½ Tsp Baking Soda
- ¼ Tsp. Salt
- ½ C. Milk
- ¼ Tsp. Nutmeg
- 2½ Tbsp. butter; melted
- ½ C. Nonfat Greek Yogurt
- 1 egg
- 1 Tsp. Vanilla
- 3 Tbsp. Lemon Juice
- 1 C. Mini Marshmallows
- 1 C. Crushed Graham Crackers
- Chocolate Glaze:
- 1 C. Milk Chocolate Chips
- 2 Tbsp. Butter
- 4 Tbsp. Milk
- 1 Tsp. Vanilla
- In a small bowl; whisk together yogurt, egg, vanilla, milk and lemon juice.
- In a large mixing bowl; combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, sugar and nutmeg.
- Add yogurt mixture and melted butter to dry ingredients and whisk until smooth.
- Place mix in a large Ziploc bag and cut the tip off one of the corners.
- Squeeze mix into greased 6-count doughnut pan; fill until almost completely full for a thicker doughnut.
- Bake at 375 degrees for around 12-14 minutes until doughnut is cooked through.
- You may have to cut the holes back out of one of the doughnut sides with narrow knife.
- Allow doughnut to cool completely.
- Cut doughnuts in half (sandwich style).
- Prepare chocolate glaze:
- Add chocolate chips. butter, milk and vanilla to microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave for around 20 seconds and stir; return to microwave and microwave 10-15 seconds and stir. Don't allow chocolate to boil to ensure smoothness.
- Spread a small amount glaze evenly to the bottom half of each doughnut.
- Top the glaze with mini marshmallows (as many as you can fit).
- Using a kitchen torch; lightly toast each marshmallow until melted.
- Top with the other doughnut half and add desired amount of glaze to the top.
- Sprinkle with graham cracker crumbs.
- Note: If you don't have a kitchen torch; you can top each doughnut half with Hershey Bar pieces and marshmallows, place on a cookie sheet and briefly broil until marshmallows begin to melt.