No need to eat all your trick-or-treaters’ candy this year with this Candy Corn Martini! This is so creamy, dreamy and yumma, yumma, yumma! I made my first infused vodka with candy corn for this recipe and added a hint of butterscotch schnapps, half and half and pineapple juice. I think it is time to make another batch of this candy corn vodka…just in case the craving strikes me tomorrow while I am busy concocting my next cocktail.
Admittedly, I am not a huge fan of candy corn. However, they make a great infused vodka and an even better martini! I will never buy another bag of candy corn without thinking of turning them into vodka…LOL.
I did a great deal of experimenting to make this cocktail to my idea of perfection. I spent the first day trying multiple different techniques to make more of a layered martini that looked like a candy corn. I failed miserably at getting the layers to stay separated and the flavors were not meshing well together. I decided to forget the layering and focus on making the flavor out of this world and more reminiscent of the classic candy corn. It was so simple…I added 8 candy corns to a cup of whipped cream vodka, sealed it in an airtight container and waited around 4 or 5 hours to get the loveliest shade of orange vodka. This will probably be the first of many more attempts of new vodka flavors. There are so many unique possibilities with this technique.
Stop by next week for another great fall cocktail…maybe pumpkin, maybe pie. Who knows what kind of crazy idea I will have next! Be sure to visit my Saturated Saturday Page for more cocktail inspiration seen below!
- Candy Corn Vodka:
- 1 C. Whipped Cream Vodka
- 8 Candy Corns
- Candy Corn Martini:
- ½ C. Candy Corn Vodka
- ¼ C. Butterscotch Schnapps
- ¼ C. Pineapple Juice
- ⅛ C. Half and Half
- Whipped Cream
- Candy Corn
- Prepare Candy Corn infused vodka at least 4 hours prior.
- Add 8 Candy Corns to 1 C. Whipped Cream vodka in an airtight container.
- Allow the candy to infuse into the vodka for 4-5 hours.
- Strain the infused vodka into a separate container to use for the martini.
- Add the Candy Corn Vodka, Butterscotch Schnapps, Pineapple Juice and Half and Half to a cocktail shaker with a cup of ice added.
- Shake for around 1 minute until drink is chilled and combined.
- Strain into a martini glass and garnish with whipped cream and candy corns.
- Note 1 C. of Candy Corn Vodka will yield 4 Candy Corn Martinis. You may want to double the amount if you are making these for a larger group.