These Tiramisu Pancakes can be savored for dessert, breakfast, or dinner (no judgement here). Nothing is more exciting than marrying two of my favorite foods together into one delectable dish with plenty of Kahlua and espresso. Layer upon layer of Mascarpone goodness and fluffy cakes have me at “hello” every time.
These pancakes and I are a marriage made in heaven. Yes, I’m crazy about these delights, but who can blame me? Just look at the perfect fluffiness going on here! I’ve whisked up a pancake recipe for maximum enjoyment with or without the Mascarpone and Espresso.
Yes, I’m a complete narcissist when it come to my pancakes. Lord knows, I’ve had plenty of practice making them…no one misses a Pancake Sunday at my house! Somehow, I’m always left sitting at the table by myself with said pancakes devoured before I can even flip another round.
I got so tired of running out of pancake mix and having my husband run to the store for more whilst listening to the cries of hungry, feral children. The beauty of this recipe is that no buttermilk is needed. It is super easy to whisk a bit of lemon juice in milk for a quick substitute. You can also, whisk cream cheese with around 3 tbsp. of sour cream and 2 tbsp. of whipping cream as a substitute for Mascarpone. Hello, you big money saver!
This recipe is super easy and sure to have you moaning for more in the morning. Just make a big’ol stack of pancakes, dip’em in caffeine and alcohol (win/win), and layer them up with plenty of Mascarpone filling. Top them with cocoa powder and chocolate curls for a beautiful presentation. Serve them with a Pancake Shot…it has to be noon somewhere, right?
- 2 C. Flour
- 2 Tsp. Baking Soda
- 1 Tsp. Baking Powder
- ¼ Tsp. Salt
- 3 Tbsp. Sugar
- 1 Tsp. Vanilla
- 4 Tbsp. Butter; melted
- 2 Eggs; lightly whisked
- 1¼ C. Milk (I use 2%)
- 1 Tbsp. Lemon Juice
- 8 oz. Mascarpone
- ½ C. Powdered Sugar
- ¼ C. + 3 Tbsp. Kahlua
- 1 C. of brewed Espresso or strong coffee
- Cocoa Powder
- Chocolate curls
- Brew around 1 C. of Espresso or strong coffee; allow to cool.
- For Pancakes:
- Whisk together Milk and Lemon Juice; set aside.
- In a large bowl; mix together flour, baking soda, baking powder, sugar and salt.
- Mix in eggs, milk mixture and vanilla.
- Mix in melted butter.
- Heat a griddle or skillet to Medium/Low heat; spray lightly with nonstick cooking spray.
- Scoop around ⅓ C. of pancake batter; cook around 2-3 minutes per side or until golden brown and firm in the middle.
- Make the Mascarpone Filling:
- Beat together the Mascarpone, powdered sugar and Kahlua
- Add the espresso to a medium bowl; stir in ¼ C. Kahlua.
- Dip each pancake into the bowl of espresso Mixture, spread a generous layer of the Mascarpone cheese filling, repeat, and sprinkle the top with cocoa powder and chocolate shavings.