This Kale and Quinoa Egg White Scramble is such a healthy, versatile dish that you can prepare for breakfast or dinner! An avocado, cherry tomato and feta cheese topping add plenty of great flavors that will have you wanting to eat healthy all the time.
Okay, so maybe it isn’t always possible to eat healthy. Especially, when there’s just so many delicious carb-loaded foods just begging to be made! Hello, Cheesecake Stuffed French Toast and Tiramisu Pancakes. On this particular occasion, I was strong-willed and enjoyed every last bite of it. I love a good kale and quinoa dish and decided to make it even healthier by just using the egg whites.
I’m on a huge avocado kick right now (along with the rest of the world apparently). I can see why avocado is so popular due to its versatility. What else can you put in your brownies and your eggs? I think its also high time that I start adding it to some cocktails. Be on the lookout for that kind of situation.
I’m having one of those summers where time has definitely gotten away from me. I can’t believe my daughter starts kindergarten in a few weeks! Hmmm….maybe I should actually get to the uniform store and buy her school supplies. Trying to manage my time effectively just seems nearly impossible these days. Thank god for online shopping, but yikes! I need to stop following fashion bloggers before I run out of money to even purchase food.
This heat is becoming unbearable…how many more days of 100+ degree weather are we going to have? All I can think about is drinking Watermelon Margarita Slushes! Trust me, you need them in your life. Visit my Cocktail Page for more ways to stay cool.
- 1 Avocado; large diced
- ½ C. Cherry tomatoes; thinly sliced
- ½ C. Cooked Quinoa
- Egg Whites from 6 eggs; lightly whisked
- 1 C. firmly packed kale; roughly chopped
- ¼ C. Reduced Fat Feta Cheese
- 2 Tsp. Olive Oil
- 1 Scallion; finely diced
- Add olive oil to a large skillet on Medium Heat.
- Add scallion and saute for around 2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add kale and saute for around 3 minutes until it begins to wilt; salt and pepper to taste.
- Add egg whites and continuously scrape the pan until opaque in color; salt and pepper to taste.
- Add quinoa and feta cheese; stir until combined and warm.
- Remove from heat.
- Divide between 2 plates; top with avocado, tomatoes and more feta cheese; salt and pepper to taste.