This Easy Fruit Pizza will add some beauty to your brunch spread for Mother’s Day! Ready-made sugar cookie dough makes this recipe super easy with a dreamy cream cheese filling with hints of lemon. Throw on your favorite fresh fruits or lay them out in a floral pattern for a beautiful presentation.
You can never go wrong with fruit dishes for brunch! They are so forgiving and add beautiful pops of color. I love overlapping the strawberries on top of the kiwis for a bit of extra dimension and a floral effect. However, don’t be afraid to just throw the fruit on without trying to get all fancy-pants. It will still taste amazing!
Another plus is that fruit is healthy and cancels out any added fats, right? Okay, at least you get added vitamins in your dessert. Did I mention how good it tastes? I told my husband to bring this with him to work today and he seemed to conveniently forget. That’s when the “just a sliver” thoughts went into action. The sliver seems to have turned into a quarter of the fruit pizza…the danger is real!
Speaking of danger, there were other hidden dangers in the preparation of this dessert. My daughters seemed to think that they would take advantage of my preoccupation by going in the basement and coloring their skin with markers. Thanks so much for the markers, Grandpa! It was a bit embarrassing when my husband let them ride their bikes outside looking like rainbow people. One neighbor, apparently asked if the markers were permanent…why yes they were! My daughter’s legs and toes are still black after scrubbing them vigorously. Maybe, I should try rubbing them with peanut butter or something.
Mother’s Day is just upon us brunch fans! Don’t forget to add a good cocktail to the mix for maximum enjoyment. It doesn’t get any better than a Pineapple Orange Creamsicle Mimosa or a Georgia Peach Martini. Is anyone else feeling thirsty?
- 1½ tubes of refrigerated ready-made sugar cookie dough
- 12 oz. Cream Cheese; softened
- 3 Tbsp. Fresh Lemon Juice
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- ¼ C. Sugar
- 3 Tbsp. Powdered Sugar
- 1 29 oz. Can Mandarin Oranges
- 1 Pint Strawberries; thinly sliced lengthwise
- 4 Kiwis; thinly sliced horizontally and halved
- 1 C. Fresh Blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a 12 inch pizza pan; press sugar cookie dough into the bottom (leaving an inch around the sides). You may end up using a bit less than 1½ tubes.
- Bake sugar cookie dough for around 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Allow cookie to cool completely.
- In a large mixing bowl; beat together cream cheese, sugar, powdered sugar, lemon juice and lemon zest.
- Evenly spread over the top of the sugar cookie.
- Add fruit toppings; I made a circular pattern and overlapped the strawberries and kiwis slightly for extra dimension. See pictures above.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving for best results.