Cheesecake Stuffed French Toast with Berries is what you dream of having for breakfast every morning. Brioche bread is dipped in a rich egg custard and seared to golden perfection. A generous layer of creamy cheesecake filling is layered in the middle and topped off with colorful, fresh berries.
I just haven’t met a piece of French toast that I don’t like! I even enjoy a piece of wheat bread dipped in egg beaters if I’m feeling like doing it healthy. This recipe is for when you are just ready to lay it all out on the table and undo that pants button. Its SO worth every less calorie!
My 5 year old daughter was literally getting her hands on everyone else’s plate for a piece of this confection. She even tried having it for lunch and dinner in the same day. I may have bribed her a bit to eat her real food and have this for dessert. Whatever works, right?
The other danger of making Cheesecake Stuffed French Toast, is trying to not eat an entire loaf of brioche before it even hits the pan. I’m a sucker for any kind of carb and the sweetness of it is too hard to resist! Just thinking about it has me wanting to run to the pantry for just a “little” taste.
If you are entertaining for brunch, I would recommend making the French toast slices and filling ahead of time. Just heat them up a bit in the oven and piece them together right before serving. There really is no need to even serve syrup on top of these delights. The fruit makes a naturally sweet and juicy topping with a bit of agave nectar mixed in.
If you are looking for other fruity brunch ideas, be sure to check out one of my French Toast Casserole with Apples or Easy Fruit Pizza. Of course, no brunch is complete without the perfect cocktail! A Pineapple Orange Creamsicle Mimosa is on my menu every time.
Recipe links above:
- 8 slices of brioche bread
- 4 Eggs
- ½ C. Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 Tsp. Vanilla
- 2 Tbsp. Sugar
- 2 Tbsp. Butter
- Fruit Topping
- 1 lb. of Fresh strawberries
- ½ C. Fresh blueberries
- ¼ C. Agave Nectar
- Cheesecake Filling:
- 8 Oz. Cream Cheese; softened
- 3 Tbsp. Lemon juice
- 1 C. Heavy Whipping Cream
- ¼ C. Sugar
- 2 whole graham crackers lightly crushed
- Remove strawberry stems and thinly slice lengthwise.
- Place strawberries with blueberries in a medium size bowl.
- Add Agave Nectar and lightly stir.
- Cover and place in the refrigerator.
- Prepare the Cheesecake filling;
- In a chilled bowl; beat the heavy whipping cream with 2 tbsp. of sugar on high until thickened.
- In a separate bowl; beat the cream cheese with 2 tbsp. of sugar and the lemon juice until smooth.
- Fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture.
- Refrigerate the mixture.
- Prepare the French toast:
- In a medium bowl; whisk together the eggs, 2 tbsp. of sugar, vanilla and heavy whipping cream.
- Add around 1 Tbsp. of butter to a large skillet on medium heat.
- Once butter is melted, dip each side of the brioche bread in the custard mixture until thoroughly coated.
- Place on a single layer in the skillet and cook until lightly golden brown; around 2 minutes per side.
- Set the prepared French toast slices aside on a plate.
- Spread desired amount of the cream cheese mixture between 2 slices of French toast.
- Top with desired amount of the fruit mixture and sprinkle with graham cracker crumbs.
- Cut into 2 triangles before serving.