A Chocolate Covered Strawberry Martini makes the perfect Valentine’s Day cocktail! This creamy drink has fresh strawberry puree, chocolate and strawberry vodka, and a chocolate covered strawberry garnishment. A festive, red sugar sprinkle rim tops off this dreamy delight with swirls of chocolate syrup.
Chocolate covered strawberries are mandatory around here for Valentine’s Day and luckily, they are super easy to make. First, make sure your strawberries are washed and dried well. Melt a bag of chocolate chips in a double boiler, transfer to a small bowl, dip ’em real good, twirl ’em, and let them cool off on wax paper. Store them in the fridge once cooled for a great Valentine’s treat. My family literally fights over them! That’s why it is absolutely necessary to hide a few for yourself. Beware, its quite the conundrum when you discover your kids have eaten the chocolate coating off of said strawberries while they are ‘safely’ cooling on the counter.
Have you seen all the flavors and brands of vodka available these days? I don’t want to know how many of them are in my cabinet(s)! I’m going to need a vodka cellar in my new house (if there is such a thing). My mother is literally triple wrapping my precious bottles for my upcoming move as I type. Yes, packing avoidance is a true disorder and I have it. Oh lawd…my MOL just said she was going to drink the bottles that “don’t have much”. Hmmm…maybe she is on to something.
Okay, so I should really be packing right now. I think a martini or 2 is in order to get through the many hardships of moving and my daughter just colored her face and feet with markers. Be sure to check out my Saturated Saturday page for more great cocktail recipes. Red Wine Dark Chocolate Fondue Dip is ultra romantic and great for dipping all your favorite fruits and sweets.
- For the Cocktail:
- 1.5 Oz. Strawberry Vodka
- 1.5 Oz. Chocolate Vodka
- 3 Oz. Strawberry Puree
- 1.5 Oz. Half and Half or Milk
- 1 C. Crushed Ice
- Strawberry Puree:
- 1 C. Fresh or Frozen Strawberries
- 1 Tbsp. Water
- 1 Tbsp. Sugar
- Red Sugar Sprinkles
- Chocolate Syrup
- Chocolate Covered Strawberry
- Prepare martini glass by dipping the rim in chocolate syrup and then sugar sprinkles.
- Swirl chocolate syrup in circular patterns inside the martini glass.
- Add vodkas, strawberry puree, half and half, and ice to a cocktail shaker.
- Shake vigorously until combined and chilled.
- Pour into prepared cocktail glass and garnish with a chocolate covered strawberry.
- To Make Strawberry Puree:
- Add strawberries, sugar and water to blender and blend until smooth.
- Note: See comments in post regarding making your own chocolate covered strawberries.