This Eggnog Maple Martini is the perfect holiday cocktail! The Eggnog is made with the addition of pure maple syrup for an added touch of sweetness. Just add a bit of Rum Chata and Vanilla Vodka for a dreamy, creamy, martini delight! Top off your martini rim with a bit of cinnamon and brown sugar and you will never want plain eggnog again!
I seriously can’t believe that it is Christmas next month and Thanksgiving is in less than 2 weeks. This may have something to do with the fact that we are still having weather in the 60’s here in the St. Louis area. I am definitely not complaining here…I will take it! It is quite the conundrum trying to figure out what the heck to wear everyday. You never know when the cold weather is going to creep up on you. Did I mention that I am also a little bit obsessed with fashion? I would seriously love to start a fashion blog someday, but for now I have my hands full with the social work job, food blog and 2 little kiddos.
Speaking of kiddos, we had another lovely incident last night. I was busy in the kitchen whipping up my favorite baked salmon with pesto and mushroom risotto, when I realized is was way too quiet. My husband peered in the living room and found 2 mini chefs hard at work. They were pouring honey everywhere…well I guess some of it did make it into a pot they stole from the kitchen! My one year old looked like she had the hairdo from “There’s Something About Mary”. My 4 year old must be having cooking withdrawals. I can’t wait to make Christmas cookies with her this year.
Are you still planning your Thanksgiving Day menus? I have a couple of desserts that will knock your guests’ socks off….Pumpkin Amaretto Crème Brulee and Salted Caramel Pumpkin Poke Cake! Mama Mia…these are SO good! I am also going to attempt to take some pictures (pending kiddo cooperation) of my Cranberry Bread Pudding with Orange Bourbon Sauce for next week’s post. May I also suggest pairing one of these dreamy desserts with a nice warm, Spiked Pumpkin Latte?
- 6 egg yolks
- ⅓ C. White Sugar
- 2 C. Whole Milk
- ¼ C. Pure Maple Syrup
- 1 Tsp. Vanilla
- ¼ Tsp. Nutmeg
- ½ Tsp. Cinnamon
- Rum Chata
- Vanilla Vodka
- Brown Sugar/Cinnamon for Garnishment
- To Make the Eggnog:
- In a large mixing bowl; whisk together egg yolks and sugar.
- In a small saucepan; add whole milk, maple syrup, vanilla, nutmeg and cinnamon.
- Stir continuously on medium/high heat until mixture begins to boil.
- Remove from heat and slowly pour into the egg mixture; whisk together.
- Return mixture to saucepan on medium heat; continue stirring continuously for around 5 minutes.
- Strain mixture into a bowl and refrigerate for 4 hours.
- To Make the Martini:
- Prepare martini glasses by dipping the rim in maple syrup and then a brown sugar/cinnamon mixture.
- Add around 1 C. ice to a cocktail shaker.
- Add 2 parts Eggnog, 1 part Vanilla Vodka, 1 part Rum Chata.
- Shake vigorously for 1 minute.
- Pour into prepared martini glasses.
- Lightly sprinkle top with cinnamon.