This Lemon Blueberry Bread gets topped with a bit of lemon glaze for my kind of sweet, fruity perfection. Fresh blueberries and lemon juice make this winning combination worth eating for breakfast, brunch, brinner or anything in between. Slice it up or just bite into it like a bread stick for maximum pleasure sensations.
I made this bread around 3 weeks ago btm (before the move). My procrastinating ways came back to bite me in butt for sure! The result was a total body blowout. Movers…who needs them? My 5 lb. weight circuit training makes me completely capable of moving heavy pieces of furniture down a 2 story apartment stairwell. That’s what I told myself anyway…my body didn’t agree. I woke up to feeling saddle sore in all the wrong places.
Anyhow, that’s where I’ve been folks. Unpacking mountains of boxes filled with clothes and boots due to my shopaholic ways. I’ve taken over 2 walk in closets and still have more to go. Nights are spent shopping online for furniture, light fixtures and decorations to only have them arrived damaged or not working. My husband is so happy with me right now. Work, come home, put together tables and shelves….oh don’t like it. Return said tables and shelves.
I’m super stoked to start using my new kitchen to bring you more yummy creations (if I ever find my garage again). I’ve unpacked all of my liquor bottles and couldn’t be more thrilled that I know where all my cocktail glasses are now. I’m ready to put the bun in your Easter bunny folks.
Planning an exciting carb-loaded brunch like me? Here are my top 5 must-haves for maximum brunch-loving enjoyment:
- 1½ C. Flour + 1 Tbsp.
- ½ Tsp. Kosher Salt
- 2 Tsp. Baking Powder
- ½ C. Milk
- 2 Eggs
- ¼ C. Fresh Lemon Juice
- ⅔ C. Sugar
- ⅓ C. Butter; melted
- 1 C. Fresh Blueberries
- ½ C. Powdered Sugar
- 2 Tbsp. Lemon Juice
- Zest of ½ a lemon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour or coat an 8 X 4 inch baking pan with baking spray.
- Combine 1½ C. Flour, salt, and baking powder.
- In a separate bowl; beat together eggs, lemon juice sugar and melted butter.
- Slowly beat in flour mixture.
- Beat in milk.
- in a separate bowl; carefully mix blueberries with 1 tbsp. of flour.
- Fold blueberries into mixture.
- Bake for around 1 hour or until golden brown and toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Once cool; beat together powdered sugar, lemon juice and zest.
- Drizzle over the top of the bread.