These Lemon Poppy Seed Pancakes with Lemon Glaze are perfectly fluffy, citrusy and sweet! The lemon glaze is a welcome change from the usual maple syrup routine. I am in love with all things lemon right now for spring and these really hit the spot! They will make the perfect addition to your Mother’s Day brunch and are easy enough for the kids to help make.
A miracle occurred after I made these pancakes…my picky daughter ate them! That’s right, the pickiest person in the world had a bite and then requested to eat a whole one after already eating her usual plain pancakes. Oh my yummy surprise…maybe I can actually make pancakes without having to make 3 different varieties for a change! It is always exciting to be able to change things up a bit after being in a complete pancake Sunday rut.
My daughter loves helping in the kitchen and was so excited to be able to pour some of the ingredients in the mixing bowl (and floor). I am just relieved that she didn’t insist on cracking the egg this time. That can quickly escalate into a very dangerous situation for any nearby objects! A hazmat suit needs to be available close by for such situations…huge sigh of relief.
Pancakes are definitely my family’s favorite breakfast food. Who doesn’t love a stack of carbs smothered in sweetness? These Lemon Poppy Seed Pancakes definitely satisfy the sweet tooth with a perfectly sweet and tangy lemon glaze. Why not make one of the most delicious muffin flavors into a fluffy stack of pancakes?
- 1½ C. Flour
- 2 Tsp. Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp. Baking Soda
- ¼ C. Sugar
- ¼ Tsp. Salt
- 1¼ C. Milk
- 1 Egg
- ½ C. Fresh Lemon Juice
- 2 Tbsp. White Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. Poppy seeds
- 2 Tbsp. Canola Oil
- 2 Tsp. Lemon Extract
- 2 C. Powdered Sugar
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- ¼ C. Milk
- Prepare Lemon Glaze:
- Add powdered sugar, milk, lemon extract and lemon zest to a mixing bowl.
- Beat with a mixer until thoroughly combined.
- Prepare Pancakes:
- In a large Bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Stir in milk, egg, lemon juice, sugar, white vinegar and oil.
- Stir in poppy seeds.
- Heat a nonstick skillet to medium heat and lightly spray with cooking spray.
- Add around ⅓. C. of pancake batter to the skillet for each pancake.
- Cook each side until lightly browned.
- Serve topped with lemon glaze.