These Pumpkin Muddy Buddies are a must for your next Halloween party. They are so addictive, easy and fun for the kids to help make! Melted white chocolate chips, canned pumpkin, candy corn and sprinkles make for a festive treat that will disappear in an instant.
Ohhh how I love this sweet combination of gooey goodness and sugar! The original version is so good with chocolate and peanut butter, that I thought I would do some experimentation to come out with something equally enticing with the flavors of fall. This gives you the perfect excuse to whip up some of these buddies for your peeps at work (sorry guys I ate it all), kids (hide some for yourself of course), or your upcoming Halloween bash (lucky you). It also makes good use for that dreaded bag of candy corn your kids made you buy at the grocery store 3 weeks ago.
I love any recipe like this that only requires a quick spin in your microwave! No good flavors are sacrificed and very little effort is needed. Accept, when your daughter has taken the liberty of sprinkling the powdered sugar over large sections of your kitchen floor! Oh well…all part of the kitchen bonding experience.
Let’s talk about candy corn again for a moment. It is so festive and colorful, but is better served in a trashcan than by itself in a bowl. However, a sprinkle of it here or there mixed with other flavors or alcohol (yes alcohol) makes it completely edible. Wondering what the heck I’m talking about with the alcohol comment? We are talking about infusing whipped cream vodka with candy corn for the most awesome tasting orange, Candy Corn Martini ! Grab an extra bag of candy corn and add this cocktail to your Halloween party menu immediately! You will thank me later candy corn haters. Find more great cocktail ideas on my Saturated Saturday Page. Including my fall favorite, Caramel Apple Sangria.
- 1 C. White Chocolate Chips
- 2 Tbsp. Butter
- 2 Tbsp. Heavy Cream
- ⅓ C. Canned Pumpkin
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1½ Tsp. Pumpkin Pie Spice
- ½ Tsp. Cinnamon
- 8 C. Rice Chex
- 1½ C. Powdered Sugar
- 3 Tbsp. Sprinkles
- 1 C. Candy Corn
- Add chocolate chips, butter and heavy cream to a microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave for 11/2 - 2 minutes; stirring every 30 seconds until melted.
- Add pumpkin, vanilla, pumpkin pie spice and cinnamon; whisk into chocolate mixture until combined.
- Add Chex to a large mixing bowl; lightly stir in pumpkin mixture until combined.
- Add powdered sugar to a gallon zip-loc bag.
- Add the Chex mixture to the bag of powdered sugar, seal and shake until coated.
- Remove from bag and place on wax paper until cool.
- Add to a large Tupperware; lightly stir in sprinkles and candy corn before storing or serving.