This Pumpkin Shandy is a refreshing light drink with pumpkin beer, apple cider, fresh orange juice and a splash of triple sec. You can add equal parts alcohol and fruit juice or increase either to taste. It also doesn’t hurt to throw in a splash of vodka to kick things up a bit.
I am definitely more of a vodka drinker, so a nice shandy or mule with a splash of vodka is a great way to drink beer. It is also a pretty versatile drink. You can add your favorite fruit juices or lemonade with equal parts beer for a great, lighter drink. Serve it over ice in a Moscow Mule mug with a garnishment of fresh fruit for a beautiful presentation.
I just love the look of copper mugs with the colors of fall. They are also great for keeping your drinks refreshingly cool. You can find them just about anywhere these days with the rise in popularity of the mule. There are quite a few different pumpkin beers to choose from this time of the year, so feel free to choose your favorite brand.
Its amazing how my little ones have an instant craving for fresh apples and oranges the second I try to take pictures of them! I usually have to beg them to eat their fruits and vegetables. Apparently, everything always tastes better when it isn’t your own. Which consequently, is a great diet plan…bite of your sandwich, bite of your soup, bite of your pancakes, drink of your latte (heck no!).
Its a #pumpkineverything kind of month now that it is officially fall. Be sure to check out some of my other great pumpkin recipes if you are completely obsessed like me! Find more great fall cocktail ideas on my Saturated Saturday Page including my favorite, Caramel Apple Sangria.
- ⅓ C. (around 2.5 oz.) Orange Juice (preferably freshly squeezed)
- ⅓ C. Apple Cider
- 3 Tbsp. (1.5 oz.) Triple Sec
- ⅔ C. (around 5 Oz.) Pumpkin Beer
- ⅛ Tsp. Cinnamon (optional)
- Orange Slice
- Fill a Moscow Mule mug or 16 oz. glass with ice.
- Add orange juice, apple cider and triple sec to a cocktail shaker; shake to combine ingredients.
- Pour mixture into the cocktail glass or mug.
- Fill the remainder of the glass with pumpkin beer.
- Lightly stir to combine, sprinkle the top with cinnamon and garnish with a fresh orange slice.