What could be better than these heart-shaped Raspberry Cream Cheese Pancakes for breakfast in bed on Valentine’s Day? The pancakes are made with a cream cheese batter with swirls of raspberry jam for a truly decadent breakfast. Top it off with fresh raspberries for pure pancake perfection. Make your pancakes even more festive by using cookie cutters to make them into heart shapes. These are just too cute!
I must have been dreaming about raspberry cheesecake for breakfast on Sunday when I concocted the idea for these dreamy delights. Oh my goodness…adding a cream cheese base to the pancake batter makes these pancakes so creamy and fluffy! Goodbye buttermilk…hello cream cheese!!!! You could swirl in a your favorite flavor of fruit jam and add a variety of fresh fruit for a custom cakes!
It is really fun to make festive shaped pancakes with cookie cutters for the holidays. I did it previously with my Andes Chocolate Mint Pancakes for Christmas (click for more tips). They are so fun to make with the kids! Just be careful to cook them at a lower temperature for a longer amount of time to avoid raw centers and burnt outsides (yuuuuuck)!
If you are like me and need more raspberry and cream cheese in your life for breakfast; check out this Raspberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake! It is another winning breakfast situation and perfect for your next holiday brunch! I just can’t decide which one I want to eat this weekend, so I guess both it is! You also can’t go wrong with these other cocktail and breakfast delights! Mannnnn…this is making me hungry. Time to go make a Blueberry Purple Rain Martini to celebrate Fat Tuesday.
- 4 oz. Cream Cheese; softened
- ¼ C. Sugar
- 1 Tsp. Vanilla
- 1 Egg
- 1½ C. Flour
- 2 Tsp. Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp. Baking Soda
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 Tbsp. White Vinegar
- ¼ C. Raspberry Jam
- 1 C. Fresh Raspberries
- Beat together cream cheese and sugar.
- Add egg and vanilla; beat until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Slowly beat in with cream cheese mixture.
- Add vinegar and beat until combined.
- Using a large spoon lightly swirl in raspberry jam.
- Pour around ½ C. of batter on a prepared skillet on medium/low heat.
- Flip pancake when it begins to lightly bubble in the middle.
- Continue cooking for around 2-3 more minutes.
- Garnish with fresh raspberries and/or syrup and whipped cream.
- For tips on making cookie cutter pancakes for heart shapes, click on the Andes Chocolate MInt Pancakes link above.