This Red White and Blue Pina Colada is such a great flavor combination that gets even better as the layers bleed together. Think classic Pina Colada flavors with strawberry and Blue Curacao! You won’t want to wait until Memorial Day or 4th of July for this one! In fact, I think Friday night calls for a patriotic celebration in my house.
I went into a complete cocktail-making frenzy last weekend (don’t judge…my husband drank most of them)! Anyhow, I think it began with a Skinny Margarita, followed by these Coladas, and ended with Pineapple Orange Creamsicle Mimosas (coming soon). My cocktail indulgences were necessary after 2 consecutive weeks of no sleep due to a little tot that recently learned to jump out of her crib. Hence, the feeling of having a newborn all over again….yikes! Well, on the plus side at least I can drink now….LOL.
There is one true danger to drinking the Pina Colada…you run the risk of a constant stream of the, “If You Like Pina Coladas” song in your head. This is a complete travesty for me…1) I only know the title lyric of the song 2) My husband also gets this annoying song stuck in his head. This results in a household full of singers (kids included), singing the same five words over and over again. Oh blasted liquor cabinet…just talking about it is causing it to happen again! The only way to make this tolerable, is to go have a Red White and Blue Pina Colada right now. Please keep sleeping baby girl!
Be sure to check out my Saturated Saturday Page for more great cocktail ideas found below!
- 3 Oz. (2 shots) of Rum
- 3 Oz. (2 shots) of Blue Curacao
- 6 Oz. Pineapple Juice
- 4.5 Oz. Cream of Coconut
- 1 C. Fresh or Frozen Strawberries
- 2 C. Ice
- Add Rum, Pineapple Juice and Cream of Coconut and Ice to a blender.
- Blend until Smooth.
- Pour around ⅔ of the mixture into a separate container; leaving the rest in the blender.
- Add Strawberries to remaining mixture in blender; blend until smooth.
- Pour Strawberry mixture into drinking glasses, slowly pour ⅓ of the reserved Pina Colada mixture into the drinking glasses.
- Add the remaining reserved mixture and Blue Curacao into the blender; blend until combined.
- Slowly pour the blue mixture into the drinking glasses.