Scallops in Brandy Mushroom Cream Sauce are my favorite aphrodisiac to prepare for dinner on Valentine’s Day (with a side of lobster tail)! These are so easy to make and are on the table in under 30 minutes. Serve them with a side of sauteed spinach and your favorite potatoes for a decadent dinner that screams, “I love you”.
Scallops are my go-to item for ordering at fancy restaurants, but usually come with a pretty hefty price tag! Especially, when I start ordering martinis to “kill time” while waiting for a table. Waiting, waiting and more waiting ensues on Valentine’s Day. Luckily, I have you covered with this super easy entree that is sure to tell your honey “I love you” without the wait.
Pure, colossal chaos is how I would describe my experience with making this recipe over the weekend. We just moved into a 2 bedroom apartment after selling our house (our new house still being built). It straight up feels like we should be in an episode of Hoarders! I have stuff in storage units, parents’ houses, and stacks of clothes to the ceiling in the bedroom closets. This is too intense! I was literally running from room to room trying to locate necessary props for my photo shoot. My husband surely thinks I’ve completely lost it after I had a meltdown over the horrific threat of my Brandy sauce congealing and cooling. I was also, reprimanded by my daughter for using her bedroom to take pictures of food! Well girly, gotta follow the little bit of light I can find up in here!
Needless to say, the next 2 months can’t go by fast enough! I’m going to need to scavenge through these boxes to locate the rest of my booze for medicinal purposes. A Chocolate Covered Strawberry or Red Velvet Cake Martini are in order to shake my chaotic life up even more! That’s what goes down on Saturated Saturday my friends. Check out these 25 Valentine’s Day Dessert and Cocktail Recipes for a plethora of sweet ideas!
Click Recipe Links Above:
- 6-8 Jumbo Scallops
- 8 oz. Mushrooms; thinly sliced
- 2 Shallots; finely diced
- 6 Cloves garlic; minced
- 5 Tbsp. Butter
- ⅛ Tsp. Nutmeg
- 1 C. Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2 Tbsp. Lemon Juice
- 3 Tbsp. Brandy
- ⅓ C. Chicken or Veggie Broth
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Pat scallops dry with paper towels; salt and pepper both sides.
- Melt 3 Tbsp. of butter in a skillet on Medium/High Heat.
- Add 2 cloves of garlic.
- Saute until fragment.
- Add scallops; cook for 3-4 minutes per side until tops are golden brown.
- Swirl in lemon juice during last 1 minute of cooking time.
- Remove from heat, place scallops on a separate plate.
- Wipe out skillet.
- Melt 2 Tbsp. of butter on Medium/High Heat.
- Add 4 cloves of garlic and shallots; saute for around 1 minute until fragrant.
- Add mushrooms, continue cooking for around 3 minutes until softened.
- Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Add cream, brandy, broth and nutmeg.
- Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Continue cooking and stirring until sauce thickens; around 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve warm sauce over scallops.