This healthy, Sheet Pan Mediterranean Chicken and Vegetables recipe is perfect for an easy weeknight meal! Nothing is better than throwing everything on one pan for a quick clean up on an already busy night. No flavors are sacrificed with seasoned chicken and a vegetable medley with fresh red onion, green beans, broccoli and side of red potatoes. A generous sprinkle of feta cheese over the veggies completes this decadent meal.
I’m loving the beautiful rainbow of colors with this recipe on a dreary, gray day outside. The weather here is ultra strange with 60 degree temperatures one day and 30 the next. Its no wonder my kids are sick right now. Spring can’t come fast enough for me! Maybe we can go a week without complete germ infestation. I’m fighting the fight with my kids’ gummy Vitamin C’s. I probably need to take like 6 of them, right? When in doubt, take a shot of whiskey to disinfect the interiors.
My struggles with temporary apartment living continue! In hindsight, building a new house probably wasn’t the best idea with two little kids to relocate twice. How the heck did we accumulate SO much crap in 5 years? I was punished in full for having a clothes shopping addiction. I don’t even want to tell you how many trash bags of clothes I gave to Goodwill to only be left with a closet stacked to the ceiling with clothes on hangers that have nowhere else to go. I punished myself by “temporarily” canceling by Stitchfix delivery. At least until I have a closet big enough to handle another sock.
Okay, let’s get back to this beautiful dish for a second after my ramblings. This rainbow effect is created by making vertical stripes of your green veggies, potatoes and chicken. All tossing is done right in the pan for the win. An easy spice rub with a bit of lemon juice and olive oil makes the chicken so flavorful and delicious…yes, please! I only wish I had more leftovers to eat right now.
Don’t forget about a yummy cocktail to complete this lovely meal! Check out my Saturated Saturday page for great dessert cocktail ideas! I’m obsessed with Chocolate Covered Strawberry Martinis and Caramel Creme Brulee White Russians. Sorry for that, but dinner was healthy! Keep things light this week with Skinny Chicken Alfredo or Quinoa Veggie Burgers.
CLICK ON RECIPE LINKS ABOVE
- 3 Boneless/Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 4 Cloves of Garlic; cut into thin slices horizontally
- ½ lb. Whole Snapped Green Beans
- ½ lb. Broccoli Florets (fresh)
- ½ C. Red Onion; cut into square slices
- 1 Lemon; thinly sliced horizontally (reserving a slice for the chicken)
- 10 Petite Red Potatoes; quartered
- ¼ C. + 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- Coarse Ground Salt
- ½ Tsp. Oregano
- ¼ C. Feta Cheese
- 1 Tsp. Red Pepper Flakes
- Chicken Rub (mix together):
- 1 Tsp. Pepper
- ½ Tsp. Salt
- 1 Tsp. Dried Rosemary
- ½ Tsp. Oregano
- 1 Tsp. Cumin
- ½ Tsp. Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Add broccoli, onion, green beans and garlic to the sheet pan; drizzle with olive oil (around 2 Tbsp.) and sprinkle with coarse ground salt and pepper to taste, and ½ Tsp. of red pepper flakes. Lightly toss to coat and arrange on one side of the pan in a vertical row. Top with lemon slices.
- Lightly brush olive oil over both sides of the chicken; squeeze 1 slice of lemon over the tops of the chicken breasts. Pat chicken breasts with spice rub over the tops. Arrange in vertical row in the middle of the pan.
- Add potatoes to other side of the pan; drizzle with olive oil (around 2 Tbsp.), sprinkle with coarse ground salt, black pepper, ½ Tsp. red pepper and ½ Tsp. Oregano. Lightly toss to coat.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until internal temperature of chicken reaches 165 degrees.
- Sprinkle vegetables with feta cheese and serve immediately.