This Slow Cooker Creamy Tortellini Spinach and Mushroom Soup is the perfect way to warm up this winter. It is loaded with cheese tortellini and is so creamy, dreamy and delightful! It is also easily made as a vegetarian soup by substituting vegetable broth. Just throw it all in your slow cooker, relax under a warm blanket, watch a Netflix marathon, and smell the wonderful aromas (total dreamland scenario here).
I don’t eat beef or pork, so a soup loaded with 3 of my favorite foods really satisfies my cravings during these cold winter months. We had a few inches of snow here in the St. Louis area a couple of nights ago, so this really hit the spot! My husband sure seemed to enjoy it as well. He had a bowl when he came home from work and another for dinner! Well…I guess tacos kinda, sorta go with with this soup (not so much, but it is that good). Oh daaang…I just got a total craving for some Chicken Tortilla soup.
I really have made it my goal this winter to make as many of my weeknight meals in the Slow Cooker as possible. There are so many less pots and pans to clean up and the meals are usually hearty enough to savor with a nice salad. This recipe does involve sauteing onion, garlic and spinach together separately to ensure no decadent flavors are harmed in the creation of this deeeelicious recipe! The extra dish to clean is well worth it.
Visit my Saturated Saturday Page for yummy cocktail pairings with your meal. A Spiked Caramel Latte or Caramel Apple Sangria make the perfect after dinner treat.
- 16 oz. Baby Spinach
- ⅔ C. Finely chopped Yellow Onion
- 3 Garlic Cloves; minced
- 3 Tbsp. Butter
- ½ Tsp. Black Pepper
- ¼ Tsp. Salt
- 5 C. of Vegetable or Chicken Broth
- 1 1//2 C. Half and Half
- ½ Tsp. White Pepper
- ½ Tsp. Italian Seasoning
- ¼ Tsp. Thyme
- 2 Tsp. Garlic Powder
- 16 Oz. Bag of frozen Cheese Tortellini
- 3 C. Sliced Mushrooms (I used White Button)
- ½ C. Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Melt Butter in a large skillet.
- Add Onion, Minced Garlic and Mushrooms.
- Saute for a few minutes on Medium Heat.
- Add Spinach, sprinkle with salt and black pepper; saute until wilted.
- Add mixture to a Slow Cooker.
- Add all remaining ingredients to Slow Cooker. For a firmer consistently, you can add tortellini during last 30 minutes of cooking time.
- Lightly Stir.
- Cook on High for 3 hours.
- Note: For a creamier consistency, whisk ⅓ C. of flour in 1 C. of milk and add to soup during last 30 minutes of cooking time.