These Strawberry Cream Cheese Cookies are made with a cake mix and homemade cream cheese icing. They are so soft with double the cream cheese flavor. Top them with festive red and pink sprinkles for an easy Valentine’s Day treat!
I got the inspiration for this recipe from my Gooey Butter Cookies that are a family favorite. By that, I mean my husband eats them before anyone else can. I thought a similar recipe would make the perfect Strawberry cookie and you just can’t go wrong with plenty of cream cheese icing! There is so much of a temptation to eat the leftovers like a bowl of ice cream (no shame in that).
My little kitchen helper(s) are just out of control! They want to have their fingers in anything and everything that I make. I can’t even make a latte without them arguing over who is going to press the button to start the machine. We are doing good if half of the ingredients end up in the correct place. My carpet usually looks like a fairy came through and left a trail of dust in its wake. Yes, sprinkles are mandatory on all desserts in this house. If we pick up ice cream, we have to rush home to ensure there is an adequate coating of sprinkles on top.
Anyway, you can imagine how excited my girls were to help sprinkle these cookies with plenty of bling! The maniacal baking continued today with Grandma. I came home to freshly baked cupcakes with whole Oreos placed on top of globs of strawberry icing. I’m just wondering what happened to the other 10 or so cupcakes that were made? All of this baking talk has me thirsty! These chocolate covered strawberries I just made will make the perfect martini tonight. Cheers to more great baking and drinking for a healthy and well-balanced kind of day.
- 1 Box Strawberry Cake Mix
- ½ C. Butter; softened
- 1 Egg
- 8 oz. Cream Cheese; softened
- Cream Cheese Icing:
- 4 oz. Cream Cheese; softened
- 2 C. Powdered Sugar
- 3 Tbsp. Butter; softened
- 1 Tsp. vanilla
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl; beat together cream cheese and butter.
- Beat in egg.
- Slowly beat in cake mix.
- For best results, line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Add by rounded tablespoon 1½ inches apart.
- Lightly press down on centers.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until lightly browned on top.
- Allow cookies to cool completely before icing.
- For Icing:
- Beat together cream cheese, butter and vanilla.
- Slowly beat in powdered sugar until smooth.
- Spread over tops of cookies and top with sprinkles if desired.