This Sun-Dried Tomato and Kale Pasta Salad is perfect for your upcoming summer BBQ’s. A generous amount of feta cheese, cucumbers and sweet peppers are also added with an easy fresh lemon vinaigrette. No need to even worry about a bunch of extra side dishes with all the great ingredients going on here!
I usually loath the store bought pasta salads…they are usually loaded with too much dressing and have a complete lack of flavor. Making your own pasta salad gives you the opportunity to put all your favorite, fresh ingredients in one dish. Feel free to make your own additions or substitutions to this recipe for a customized pasta salad experience. You can also save time by adding your favorite Italian salad dressing. However, don’t skimp out on that feta cheese….I just can’t seem to add enough.
I will definitely be making this pasta salad for our upcoming Father’s Day BBQ. It is the perfect dish to bring after all + a giant pitcher of margaritas. More importantly, all the men in my family seem to love it. On a side note, all the nutrients from the kale cancel out the copious amounts of cheese going on here. 😉
If you are looking for more ways to add kale to your diet, try out my Skinny Kale Caesar Salad with Greek yogurt! Don’t forget to plan for a good frozen cocktail to go with all that great BBQ! My Red White and Blue Pina Coladas, or Strawberry Margaritas with Candied Jalapeños are perfect for the occasion. Check out even more great cocktail ideas on my Saturated Saturday page.
- ½ lb. of your favorite pasta (I use Fusilli)
- 1 Cucumber; diced into medium sized pieces
- Around half of a 6.7 Oz. Jar Sun-dried Tomatoes in olive oil; medium diced
- 4 Mini sweet peppers; thinly sliced
- ½ Bunch of Kale; remove stems and chop leaves
- ½ of a Red Onion; thinly sliced
- 1 6oz. container of Feta Cheese
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- ¼ C. Olive Oil
- ⅓ C. Red Wine Vinegar
- ½ Tsp. Dried Oregano
- 3 Tbsp. Agave Nectar
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Optional Garnishment:
- Several freshly chopped basil leaves
- Cook Pasta according to package directions.
- Run cooked pasta under cool water and strain.
- Add pasta to a large bowl.
- Add cucumber, sweet peppers, sun-dried tomatoes, kale, and red onion; lightly stir.
- Prepare dressing:
- Add all ingredients to a bowl and whisk together.
- Pour desired amount of dressing over pasta salad.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Lightly mix in desired amount of feta cheese (I use most of the container).
- Sprinkle with freshly chopped basil leaves (optional).