This Slow Cooker White Turkey Chili is the perfect way to use up your turkey leftovers! It is the perfect medley of turkey, white beans, veggies and spices with a creamy chicken broth base. I am really thinking about making another turkey for Christmas this year so I can make more of this yummy chili! It really is the perfect winter comfort food.
Anyhow, I am certainly all about easy meals. I don’t think my slow cooker has ever seen more action then it has in the last year. My one year old daughter is a stage 3 clinger, so I have to make my meals as quick and easy as possible. Otherwise, I end up trying to cook while holding her on my hip or having her use my leg as a walking chair.
My parents and in-laws came over on Sunday to help us work on finishing our basement and they really enjoyed this chili. We have officially run out of room for all the girls’ toys! They have taken over every closet, nook and cranny in the entire house. The thought of them getting more toys for Christmas leaves my closets (and me) in tears. Anyhow, fingers crossed that this project is somewhat complete before I really lose my mind. Oh boy…my daughter is now playing with wine bottles in the living room! I guess I should probably go get them before we have an incident.
Did you get your Christmas decorations up yet? I made a sad attempt at it yesterday, but quickly realized that I didn’t have enough lights for the tree. It is now standing half lit, because I haven’t had a chance to get more lights yet. I have also quickly come to the realization that we will probably be opting for large poinsettia flowers in place of ornaments this year. Otherwise, we would need a large gate to keep my tot from tearing down all the ornaments.
- 1 lb. of cooked shredded or Cubed Turkey (can also substitute with ground)
- 4 C. Chicken Broth
- 1½ C. Half and Half
- 3 Cans of White Beans
- ½ C. Chopped Celery
- 1 Green Pepper; Diced
- 1 C. Yellow Onion; Diced
- 3 Tsp. Minced Garlic
- 2 Tsp. Cumin
- 1 Tsp. Cilantro
- 1 Tsp. White Pepper
- ¼ C. Margarine
- Shredded Colby Jack Cheese
- Lime Slices
- Freshly Chopped Cilantro
- In a small saucepan; melt margarine and saute onion, peppers and garlic together on medium heat for several minutes.
- Add mixture to a slow cooker.
- Add all remaining ingredients to your Slow Cooker; Chicken Broth, Half and Half, White Beans, Chopped Celery, White Pepper, Cumin and Cilantro.
- Cook on High Heat for around 2 hours or Low Heat for around 4 hours.
- Garnish with chopped fresh cilantro, colby jack cheese and lime slices.