Surprise your sweetheart with this Red Wine Dark Chocolate Fondue Dip for Valentine’s Day. Hints of raspberry, red wine and a sprinkle of kosher salt create an unbelievably delicious medley of flavors. Give your favorite fruits, brownies, Rice Krispy treats or marshmallows a bath in this chocolate delight or just grab a spoon and dig in!
Have you noticed the Red Wine Hot Chocolate craze lately? I’ve really been tempted to try that out too, but thought turning this combo into a fondue dip with dark chocolate would just be even better. Nothing screams Valentine’s Day like a nice fondue dip. I mean, how romantic is it to feed your significant other a strawberry with chocolate dripping everywhere? In my case, said chocolate usually ends up dripping down my shirt. Maybe, fondue dip is safer to enjoy in the nude or with a giant ziggy piggy apron. Romance is in the air folks!
As far as I’m concerned, dark chocolate is the epitome of all chocolate. If I could only have one kind of chocolate for the rest of my life it would be my dark, mysterious friend. No need to limit yourself; eat it melted, sprinkle it in your cookie batter, on your oatmeal, in your pancakes…you get the point.
I’m ready to take a bath in it, but that would be a bit expensive. Especially, with these rising interest rates. Yes, I’ve settled for giving my food a bath in fondue doused with red wine. This is just beyond heaven on a stick.
While we continue to pontificate on the amazing nature of all things dark chocolate, let’s consider adding some cocktails to our menu as well. A Strawberry Bellini with champagne and a dash of Brandy just gets me. If vodka is what you seek, a Red Velvet Martini is screaming your name! Find even more cocktails on my Saturated Saturday Page.
- 10oz. Package of Dark Chocolate Chips
- 14oz. Can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2 Tbsp. Raspberry Jam
- 2 Tbsp. Butter
- 1 Tsp. Vanilla
- ½ C. of your favorite Red Wine
- ½ Tsp. Kosher Salt
- In a double boiler on medium/high heat; add sweetened condensed milk, butter, dark chocolate chips and vanilla.
- Lightly stir until melted.
- Remove from heat, stir in red wine, raspberry jam and kosher salt.
- Lightly sprinkle more kosher salt on top before serving.
- Keep your fondue hot on with a fondue warmer.
- Serve with your favorite fresh fruits, marshmallows, Rice Krispy treats, brownies, cheesecake bites, or graham crackers.
- Note: You can use the pot in a pot method if you don't own a double boiler. Just add a bit of water to the bottom of the bigger pot and float the smaller pot on top.