Shake up a festive Gingerbread Martini with Hot Damn!, Vanilla Vodka, Baileys and a Ginger Simple Syrup. Garnish it with crushed ginger snaps and plenty of whipped cream for a decadent Christmas cocktail. This is how you drink your dessert!
Feel free to use Gingerbread Man Cookies or Ginger Snaps for a garnishment. The extra bit of cookie adds a welcome ginger flavor to this creamy, dreamy martini. I made a super easy Ginger Simple Syrup with cloves and fresh ginger to get that sought after cookie flavor. Hot Damn! Schnapps adds a Hot Cinnamon flavor for an extra bit of spice.
I really need to get a move on it! I just sent my husband to the store to buy ingredients for Christmas Eve Bread Pudding. Right before he returned, I realized that we also still need to buy ingredients for our favorite Christmas brunch items. A Broccoli Cheddar Breakfast Strata and Overnight Apple French Toast are on the menu with a festive Candy Cane Crescent Roll Pastry. I plan on making everything before bed on Christmas Eve, so I can try and enjoy a somewhat carefree morning.
HA…one can only dream! Hopefully, that Barbie Dream House will be big enough for “sharing”. This skill is just so difficult for these sisters to master. Tiny gladiators seem to come out swinging every time there is a shiny new item. There is just so much fun to be had…standing in line for 2 hours to only have your 2 year old have a complete meltdown when it is finally her turn to sit on Santa’s lap. Well, at least one kid showed up for pictures. I think letters to the North Pole are in order for next year!
- 3 Oz. Vanilla Vodka
- 1.5 Oz. Baileys
- 2 Tbsp. Hot Damn! Schnapps
- 1.5 Oz. Ginger Syrup (see recipe below)
- 1.5 Oz. Milk or Half and Half
- Ginger Cookies
- Whipped Cream
- Ginger Syrup:
- 3 Tsp. Fresh Ginger; minced
- 1 Tsp. Whole Cloves
- 1 C. Sugar
- 1 C. Water
- Dip rim of a martini glass into honey and then, crushed ginger cookies until coated.
- Add all ingredients to a cocktail shaker with around 1 C. of ice.
- Shake vigorously for around 30 seconds and strain into a prepared martini glass.
- Top with whipped cream and a ginger cookie.
- For Ginger Syrup:
- Add all ingredients to a small saucepan on Medium Heat.
- Bring to a low boil and continue stirring for around 3 minutes until syrup is thickened.
- Run through a sifter to get out any chunks.
- Allow to cool completely before using.