These Slow Cooker Garlic Asiago Mashed Potatoes are so creamy-dreamy! What can be better for an easy side dish over the holidays than a one pot and done situation? Especially, when it happens to have the most perfect texture and flavors…yes please!
The secret to good mashed potatoes is plenty of garlic, cream cheese, butter and a bit of your favorite cheesy delight. Just remember to set your scales back 10 lbs. on time for the holidays…daylight and scale savings time! I just happen to love asiago cheese (hello best bagel ever), so it was a no-brainer to add plenty of it to this luscious recipe.
The taters are peeled and cubed and thrown in the Slow Cooker with a bit (okay 10 cloves of garlic) and some chicken broth. A few hours later and boom, you have perfectly tender potatoes just waiting to be smothered in a pool of butter and cheese. There is no boiling potatoes and transferring them to another bowl to dirty them up! Ugh…who has time for all these dishes anyway? I can’t stand all the clean up that a holiday meal brings, so I have nominated my mother-in-law to host Thanksgiving this year. So, what dish did I enthusiastically volunteer to bring? Yep…Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes!
What the heck do you do with a crockpot full of potatoes and nothing else to go with them? You throw it in a large Tupperware after a few necessary “sample” bites. Then, you try and serve it to your picky kids for dinner the next night and repeat the story of Green Eggs and Ham until you begin to turn green in the face. Maybe, I should of just served it with a layer of ice cream on top!
Are you in love with your Slow Cooker like I am (don’t be jealous hubby)? I use mine for everything…too bad my turkey won’t fit! Be sure to check out some of my other favorite Slow Cooker recipes…Cranberry Mulled Wine, Creamy Tortellini and Mushroom Soup and Hot Wings (#thatsauce). Use up that leftover turkey with a flavorful, Slow Cooker White Turkey Chili.
CLICK ON LINKS ABOVE FOR RECIPES
- 7 Large Yukon Gold Potatoes
- 1½ C. Chicken Broth
- 10 Cloves of Garlic; roughly chopped
- 1 8oz. Cream Cheese; cut into small cubes
- 2 C. Shredded Asiago Cheese
- 1 Tsp. White Pepper
- 2 Tsp. Fresh Chives; roughly chopped
- 4 Tbsp. Butter
- Salt to taste
- Wash, peel potatoes and cut into large cubes.
- Add potatoes and garlic to crockpot, top with chicken broth.
- Cook on High for 3 hours or until potatoes are tender when poked with a fork.
- Drain around half of the broth before mashing.
- Mash potatoes using a potato masher.
- Add cream cheese, butter, asiago cheese, white pepper and salt.
- Beat until smooth.
- Top with fresh chives.
- Note: You may prepare a little ahead of time and keep your crockpot on Warm until ready to serve!