Watch Out!!! This Key Lime Pie Martini is sinfully delightful! If you enjoy the pie as much as I do, then you MUST try this today in honor of Saturated Saturday! Imagine the smooth creaminess and tangy flavor of a pie packed into a perfect, delectable drink (without all the fat).
I am out of control with this one! I had my in-laws over yesterday and began chatting about how excited I was about my next drink recipe. Of course, my mother-in-law was anxious to “sample” this new delight immediately (I guess it was late enough somewhere). I think she really enjoyed being the guinea pig with this one. I had to try a few different variations of this recipe to get it just right and I absolutely refused to waste alcohol (that is probably why I was so blissfully happy last night). Let me just say, that dealing with a teething one-year-old has never seemed more manageable. I am totally fine with not taking a vacation this summer…I just need my Key Lime Pie Martini, a little reggae music playing and I am instantly transformed to a Caribbean cruise (and who wants to worry about becoming shipwrecked and getting some nasty stomach virus anyway). Okay, I am totally convincing myself now. What a money saver!!! Hope you all enjoy and CHEERS to anyone else trapped in the humid midwest for the summer. I am off to the kitchen to prepare my next creation, Spinach and Mushroom Quiche. Please stay asleep just a little bit longer baby girl!
- 3½ Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- ½ C. (4 oz.) Vanilla vodka
- 3 Tbsp. Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 3 Tbsp. Pineapple Juice
- 3 Tbsp. Crushed Graham Crackers for garnish on glass rim
- A dollop of Whipped Cream for topping (optional)
- Fill a cocktail shaker with a handful of ice cubes.
- Add Fresh Lime Juice, Vanilla Vodka, Sweetened Condensed Milk, and Pineapple Juice to cocktail shaker and shake to combine all ingredients.
- Dip rim of martini glass into pineapple juice and onto a plate with crushed graham cracker crumbs until rim is evenly coated.
- Add a dollop of whipped cream to the top of the drink and garnish with a slice of lime.