This Caramel Creme Brulee White Russian is inspired by one of my favorite seasonal latte flavors at Starbucks. The addition of vanilla and caramel syrup, a floating of whipped cream, and crushed caramel candies makes this the most decadent drink combination. The Dude would be so pleased and I’m over the moon just thinking about drinking another one!
My love for White Russians began shortly after seeing The Big Lebowski for the first time. This was not a shaken, not stirred type of character situation. The Dude just liked to lead a lifestyle of total leisure while bowling with his favorite drink in hand. Sounds good to me, especially when it includes creamy goodness and vodka!
I have seen different variations of this drink before, but really wanted to do something a bit different. I was probably drinking my favorite latte from Starbucks when I had a total cocktail epiphany…need latte and White Russian. I had no luck finding the vanilla syrup included in the latte recipe, so I decided to make my own. A simple syrup is quite easy to make and necessary for many great cocktail recipes. Just combine equal parts sugar and water and bring to a boil until thickened. Remove it from heat and add any additional flavorings.
I may have a hole in my bathroom wall days after selling my house (who would of thought a new light fixture would lead to a plumbing leak), but who cares! OH and yes, the kids are both sick again. No problem man…one of these has successfully made me forget about all my problems. The flavors are just SO good and it feels wonderful to drink my dessert. I love you Kahlua and vodka!
Be sure to visit my Saturated Saturday Page for more great cocktail ideas for all of your holiday needs! My Salted Caramel Chocolate Martini is equally full of creamy vodka goodness. I think hump day calls for a celebration this week!
- 3 Oz. Vodka
- 1.5 Oz. Kahlua
- 1.5 Oz. Milk or Heavy Cream
- 2 Tbsp. Caramel Syrup
- 2 Tbsp. Vanilla Syrup
- Whipped Cream
- Crushed Werther's Original Caramel Candies
- Vanilla Syrup:
- 1 C. Water
- 1 C. Sugar
- 1 Tbsp. Pure Vanilla Extract
- Caramel Syrup
- Fill an Old Fashioned cocktail glass halfway with ice.
- Add vodka, Kahlua, milk, vanilla syrup, caramel syrup (in that order).
- Top with a floating of whipped cream, a drizzle of caramel sauce and crushed caramel candies.
- Vanilla Syrup:
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar and water.
- Heat to boiling on Medium/High; stirring frequently until thickened (around 2-3 minutes).
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Allow to cool completely before transferring to a sealed container.