Goodbye Better than Sex Cake…HELLO Better than Sex Martini!!! Seriously, this Salted Caramel Chocolate Martini is an absolute dream in a glass. The Godiva Chocolate Liqueur is so creamy and delicious on it’s own, but add Creme de Cocoa and Caramel Vodka to the mix…pure sinful delight. I wanted to do a sexy drink this week in honor of my wedding anniversary and this was the perfect choice. We really enjoyed the beginning of our Saturated Saturday with these beauties (probably a little too much). Hey now…sampling and experimenting are completely necessary for recipe development (even if it is in the middle of the afternoon). I guess that’s one of the many benefits of trying to keep up with all these Saturated Saturdays.
My MIL arrived promptly this afternoon to taste-test for me. She was more than excited when she found out that today was all about the chocolate martini. I think martini mixing might be my new calling…only a minor tweak proved to be necessary this time around. My MIL claimed that she was splitting her first round with my FIL, but after one sip it was over (and really over a few drinks later)! I had to be cautious this time with drinking more than a few sips before picture time. These chocolate delights can be dangerously deceptive. It is so divine that you don’t even realize you are drinking alcohol. Yikes…soon enough “you” are making “Saturated Saturday” videos that you later watch and realize a few words were being slurred.
These Saturated Saturday tales are just exhausting me…that and my daughter’s strange allergic reaction to our “Rust Grass” tonight (sigh). Leave it to us to have rusty grass (totally real and weird). That’s what we get for our supreme lawn care abilities around here. I hope my future herb garden does better!
If you like dessert martinis…be sure to check out my Saturated Saturday Page for more great cocktail recipes seen below!
- 1 C. Ice
- ½ C. Godiva Chocolate Liqueur
- ¼ C. Creme De Cocoa
- ½ C. Caramel flavored Vodka
- ½ C. Whole Milk (2% also works well for less fat)
- Caramel Syrup (for rim of martini glass)
- ¼ C. Crushed Pretzels
- Optional Garnishments:
- 4 Caramel Candies dipped in Coarse-Ground Sea Salt
- Milk Chocolate Bar (to make chocolate curls for top of drink)
- Prepare Martini glasses by placing a layer of caramel sauce and crushed pretzels on separate plates.
- Dip and turn rims of martini glasses into caramel sauce until evenly coated.
- Dip caramel-coated glass rims into pretzel crumbs until evenly coated.
- Place ice in a Martini Shaker.
- Add Godiva Chocolate Liqueur, Creme De Cocoa, Caramel Vodka and Milk.
- Shake vigorously for around 30 seconds.
- Strain Martini into prepared glasses.
- Optional Garnishments:
- Add desired amount of shaved milk chocolate curls (using a vegetable peeler; shave chocolate bar across the long edge of the candy bar).
- Dip fronts and backs of caramel candies into a small bowl of coarsely ground sea-salt until coated.
- Place 2 caramels on a cocktail pick and place in martini (adds a great touch of salt flavor).